An urban technology art festival where
tomorrow’ s ideas and technologies meet
2016 will be MEDIA AMBITION TOKYO (MAT)’s 4th year in running. To fans and the curious, the event is a real‐life showcase of top‐ notch technological culture that takes an experimental approach to urban implementation. With its headquarters (MAT Lab) situated
in Roppongi, venues have further multiplied to Aoyama, Ginza, Iidabashi, Ochanomizu, and Odaiba, at which super‐edgy artwork, video, music, performances, hacks and talk shows will be hosted.
Programs have organically increased, expanded and connected simultaneously with the number of domestic and international participants by way of innovators, organizations and events, allowing MAT to mature as an active body. With 2020 and beyond in mind, and not omitting the largely evolving systematic designs of transportation, communication and information, the event addresses the potential of technology in creating the city’s future. MAT aims to substantialize the reformative movement in technology art through experimental validations unbound by genre or category.
February 26(Fri)‐March 21(Mon/Ntl Holiday), 2016
*Event Calendar will vary according to venue.
01. Roppongi Hills (Roppongi)
02. INTERSECT BY LEXUS‐TOKYO (Aoyama)
03. IMA CONCEPT STORE (Roppongi)
04. INSTITUT FRANÇAIS TOKYO (Iidabashi)
05. Digital Hollywood University (Ochanomizu)
06. Apple Store, Ginza (Ginza)
07. Apple Store, Omotesando (Omotesando)
08. TSUTAYA ROPPONGI TOKYO (Roppongi)
09. DAIKANYAMA T‐SITE (Daikanyama)
10. teamLab (Suidobashi)
11. Warehouse TERRADA (Tennozu)
12. National Museum of Emerging Science and Innovation (Odaiba)
13. Toranomon Hills (Toranomon)